Solving twenty-nine of Americas most Common IRS problems
Every year, millions of citizens face the Internal Revenue Service in some kind of adversarial exchange. And while many cases involve simple issues easily resolved, too many escalate into significant or even overwhelming financial nightmares. The latter occurs for one of two reasons: either the citizen did not understand how to approach the IRS’ communication or, just as likely, the IRS made an error then failed to accurately instruct the citizen on the rights available to correct it. Read entire article.
Part I – One Thing Every Citizen Must Know (problem 1)
Problem 1 Nobody in the IRS cares
Part II – Return Filing Problems (problems 2-5)
- Problem 2 Fear of an audit
- Problem 3 I cannot file my tax return on time
- Problem 4 I cannot afford to pay all my taxes
Problem 5 I need more than a payment extension
Part III – Penalties and Interest (problems 6-10)
- Problem 6 The IRS issued a computer notice claiming I owe penalties
- Problem 7 The IRS added penalties to my previous bill
- Problem 8 The IRS added penalties to a bill determined from a tax audit
- Problem 9 The IRS assessed the trust fund recovery penalty
- Problem 10 The IRS unfairly added interest to my tax bill
Part IV – Computer Notices (problems 11-13)
- Problem 11 Erroneous notice received assessing additional taxes
- Problem 12 The IRS mailed a computer notice claiming I underreported my income
- Problem 13 Valid notice received demanding payment of taxes
Part V – Audit Problems (problems 14-20)
- Problem 14 Missing receipts to prove deductions
- Problem 15 The IRS claims I earned income I did not report
- Problem 16 The IRS said my business was really a hobby — Disallowed business expense deduction
- Problem 17 The IRS’s audit results are wrong but the auditor demands I sign the report and pay
- Problem 18 I went through appeals but the IRS still says I owe
- Problem 19 I did not realize I could appeal an audit decision or believed it was too expensive
- Problem 20 I already paid taxes I do not owe because I did not understand my appeal rights
Part VI – Enforced Tax Collection (problems 21-29)
- Problem 21 The IRS is threatening a wage or bank levy
- Problem 22 I cannot afford an installment payment
- Problem 23 The IRS has a wage or bank levy in effect
- Problem 24 The IRS filed a tax lien causing credit problems
- Problem 25 I cannot get the IRS to recognize my letters and it continues to push ahead for enforced collection
- Problem 26 I have not filed tax returns for years
- Problem 27 My husband left me with a tax debt that I do not owe and cannot afford to pay
- Problem 28 My IRS debt just keeps growing
- Problem 29 I cannot afford a tax professional to help with my tax problem
Package 1 How to get Tax Amnesty and forms kit (helps solve problems: 1, 3-5, 7, 13, 21, 22, 26, 28) Package 2 3 Best Sellers plus Forms Kit (helps solve problems in Pkg. 1 plus: 2, 6-8, 10-15, 16-17, 23,24,25) Package 3 Complete IRS Defense Library (helps solve problems in Pkg. 1 2 plus: 9, 18-19, 20, 27, 29) Package 4 One Hour of Personal Phone Consultation Package 5 Tax Solutions Network (Yearly membership)
Rest of article
Much has been made of recent restructuring legislation pointed at ending IRS errors and abuse. Historically, such legislation has had little impact on the agency. The reason is the IRS simply does not tell the truth about taxpayers’ rights. Consequently, if you do not understand your rights in a given situation, you cannot expect the IRS to explain them. For example, when was the last time you received a kind letter from the IRS explaining that you paid too much in taxes or overlooked certain rights that might cut your bill? Such letters are rare indeed!
On the other hand, millions of citizen are confronted by the agency for alleged legal failings. Each year the IRS.
- issues some one hundred million computer notices affecting nearly $200 billion in accounts;
- issues over thirty-four million penalties against individuals and businesses;
- executes over four million wage and bank levies;
- files about four million general tax liens;
- seizes tens of thousands of businesses, autos, homes, and other property, and
- audits nearly 2 million business and personal income tax returns.
Nearly everybody has gone through some kind of IRS enforcement difficulty and we all know somebody who is going through it now. But few have effective solutions. Too often, professional advice from tax accountants is, “well, it’s the IRS. You just have to pay.” Unfortunately, precious few take the time to understand that there are solutions to every IRS problem. Indeed, there is no such thing as a hopeless tax case. There is always a way to solve the problem.
For many people, this Problem Solver provides an immediate solution to a pressing IRS problem. Simple solutions are provided to problems such as wage and bank levies, IRS computer notices and penalty assessments. In other cases, this Problem Solver serves as a guide to what you must do to ultimately solve your problem. And even if you owe taxes, penalties and interest you cannot pay, you can be forgiven of all or part of your debt.
Because the IRS resists directing you to solutions to most tax problems (especially the problem of excessive tax debt) this IRS Common Problems Solver is designed to fill that void. It describes numerous taxpayer rights and remedies and shows you the steps to take to determine which solution best suits your situation. In addition, you will be introduced to an array of affordable, effective self-help materials and services to help you end your problem.
Too often, the biggest IRS problem for millions of people is the fact that it costs more to fight the agency than it does to just pay the tax. For those who cannot pay the tax or afford professional help, they live only with the promise of life-long indebtedness to the IRS–a hopeless situation. Now there is a solution. Our effective, inexpensive and easy to follow materials guide you through what you might have thought was an impossible situation. And, for those who continue to find it necessary to enlist the help of a tax professional, I am pleased to introduce a revolutionary new and affordable professional service we call the Tax Situation Analysis. Now you can get the professional help you need at an affordable cost.
The Tax Situation Analysis is a professional analysis of your entire tax problem and part of our Tax Solution Network membership. It is performed either by myself or one of my Tax Freedom Institute tax professionals. To perform the service, we first show you how to gather the data you need to respond to a detailed questionnaire. By completing the questionnaire and gathering the data, you actually perform work for which tax professionals often charge hundreds, perhaps thousands of dollars. We then use the data to fully evaluate your situation and develop a plan to resolve your dispute. My twenty-three years of experience dealing with the IRS in every conceivable situation allows us to offer this service at a very reasonable price.
Now, at last, the price of tax freedom is not out of reach for anyone. However, the IRS is always working to close the door to freedom that we have worked so hard to open and expose. The IRS is always working behind the scenes to limit your rights thereby ensuring you are always a slave to tax debt. Therefore, if you have a tax problem, now is the time to address it. It only gets worse as time goes on. As you read this Problem Solver, draw encouragement from the testimonials found throughout the text and act now to solve your problem once and for all.