Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Youth Ministry
Online Course Length
Online courses for this program are generally 7 weeks. The following courses have different lengths:
- BIB-355 – Biblical Interpretation and Application – 8 weeks.
- SPA-105 – Elementary Spanish II – 8 weeks.
- BIB-350 – Pentateuch – 8 weeks.
- YMN-305 – Philosophy and Theology of Youth Ministry – 8 weeks.
- MIN-320 – Christian Character Formation – 8 weeks.
- INT-310 – Christianity in a Global Context – 8 weeks.
- BIB-360 – Gospels and Acts – 8 weeks.
- YMN-355 – Adolescent Development and Faith Formation – 8 weeks.
- HTH-350 – Survey of Historical Theology – 8 weeks.
- MIN-430 – Ministerial Communication – 8 weeks.
- YMN-455 – Adolescent Issues and Intervention – 8 weeks.
- HTH-330 – Christian Ethics – 8 weeks.
- PHI-305 – Ethical Thinking in the Liberal Arts – 8 weeks.
- PSY-470 – Abnormal Psychology – 8 weeks.
- YMN-350 – Leadership and Administration in Youth Ministry – 8 weeks.
Campus Course Length
Campus courses for this program are generally 15 weeks. The following courses have different lengths:
Up to 90 credits, only 84 can be lower division
Program Tuition Rate:
Traditional On-Campus Tuition
As part of our commitment to keeping tuition rates competitive, GCU has kept campus tuition costs frozen since 2009. While the cost per credits are listed below, the average campus student pays only $8,300 per year* in tuition after institutional scholarships and grants. Speak with your university counselor for more information about estimating the costs of attending GCU.
General Education Requirements
General Education coursework prepares Grand Canyon University graduates to think critically, communicate clearly, live responsibly in a diverse world, and thoughtfully integrate their faith and ethical convictions into all dimensions of life. These competencies, essential to an effective and satisfying life, are outlined in the General Education Learner Outcomes. General Education courses embody the breadth of human understanding and creativity contained in the liberal arts and sciences tradition. Students take an array of foundational knowledge courses that promote expanded knowledge, insight, and the outcomes identified in the University s General Education Competencies. The knowledge and skills students acquire through these courses serve as a foundation for successful careers and lifelong journeys of growing understanding and wisdom.
Competency: University Foundations Total Credits: 4
Upon completion of the Grand Canyon University s University Foundation experience, students will be able to demonstrate competency in the areas of academic skills and self-leadership. They will be able to articulate the range of resources available to assist them, explore career options related to their area of study, and have knowledge of Grand Canyon s community. Students will be able to demonstrate foundational academic success skills, explore GCU resources (CLA, Library, Career Center, ADA office, etc), articulate strategies of self-leadership and management and recognize opportunities to engage in the GCU community.
- UNV-103, University Success: 4 credits
- UNV-303, University Success: 4 credits
Join Grand Canyon University’s vibrant and growing campus community, with daytime classes designed for traditional students. Immerse yourself in a full undergraduate experience, complete with curriculum designed within the context of our Christian worldview. New modern classrooms, suite-style residence halls, popular dining options, resort-style swimming pools and a focus on creating a dynamic student life make GCU a top choice for high school graduates and transfer students. Exciting events, well-known guest speakers and Division I athletics round out the traditional student experience. Our welcoming campus community is the perfect place to find your purpose.
Pursue a next-generation education with an online degree from Grand Canyon University. Earn your degree with convenience and flexibility with online courses that let you study anytime, anywhere. GCU offers the most experienced leadership in delivering online degree programs. Full-time faculty members and fully trained adjunct instructors, equipped with strong academic backgrounds and practical experience in their fields, support you every step of the way. Designed with the career-oriented professional in mind, our online classes provide an intimate environment that stimulates engaging and challenging discussions. Choose from programs across our distinct colleges, in high-demand employment areas. Classes begin frequently.
* The Department of Education defines how an institution must calculate a program’s On-Time Completion rate for federal disclosure purposes. The On-Time Completion rate is based on a program’s published required number of months to complete all degree requirements as provided in the institution’s catalog. Completion statistics are updated every January and are based on the cohort of students who graduated between 7/1 – 6/30 of the preceding year. The On-Time Completion rate is determined by the number of students in the cohort who completed the program within the published program length divided by the number of students in the cohort who graduated.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Program subject to change.