Change your community through the life of a child.
Bigs in Blue: CONNECTING YOUTH LAW ENFORCEMENT THROUGH MENTORING
There are 200+ boys on our waiting list
GET THE LATEST BBBSLA NEWS
SUPPORT OUR LIFE-CHANGING WORK
What We Do
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A MENTOR?
How Do Bigs And Littles Get Matched?
How Do I Become A Mentor?
Still Have Some Questions?
From Our Community
From the social networks
Are you ready to change a child’s life for the better, forever? We are looking for people who want to positively impact a child and improve their community at the same time. We want you to get to know a wonderful kid, make a difference and have fun as you learn together.
Big Brothers Big Sisters requires all volunteers meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be willing and able to make at least a one-year commitment to the program
- Be willing and able to meet with your Little Brother/Little Sister for the required time commitment
- Possess a valid driver’s license and current car insurance
- Have a safe driving record (no DUIs within the past three years; no more than two moving violations in the past year)
- Never been convicted of a felony
- No illegal drug use currently or within the last twelve months (this includes marijuana)
If you do not meet all the requirements, there are other ways to get involved with us! Follow us on social media, make a donation to support community change, sign up for our newsletter or advocate on our behalf through your networks to encourage others to get involved.
2017 Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Los Angeles, 3150 N. San Fernando Road, Suite C Los Angeles, CA. 90065. Phone 213.213.2400
Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Big Brothers Big Sisters logo, and Start Something are service marks of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, Inc. (BBBSA) and are used under a license from BBBSA. All rights reserved.
QuestionPro has graciously provided their software to help us make better decisions than ever before. Their powerful feedback software makes tracking and analyzing critical data easier and more effective, and we are able to more quickly and transparently deliver data to our stakeholders and across our entire organizational influence.