The NYU Creative Writing Program, among the most distinguished programs in the country, is a leading national center for the study of writing and literature. The undergraduate and graduate programs provide students with an opportunity to develop their craft while working closely with some of the finest poets and novelists writing today. The Creative Writing Program now occupies a lovely townhouse on West 10th Street in the same Greenwich Village neighborhood where so many writers have lived and worked. The Lillian Vernon Creative Writers House allows writers–established and emerging–to share their work in an inspiring setting. We invite you to join a supportive and serious community of writers engaged in an exceptional program of study.
We are pleased to announce that the NYU Creative Writing Program no longer requires GRE test scores for admission to our graduate program.
Welcome message from Director Deborah Landau
- Olio by Tyehimba Jess wins the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry
- Jenny Xie is the 2017 Walt Whitman Award Recipient
- House of Lords and Commons .”>Ishion Hutchinson wins National Book Critics Circle Award
- Stephen Florida to be released June 2017 by Coffee House Press. “>Gabe Habash’s Stephen Florida to be released June 2017
- NEA Fellows: Morgan Parker, Hope Wabuke, and Monica Sok
- Marlena: A Novel Selected for Barnes Noble’s Spring 2017 Great New Writers.”>Julie Buntin’s Marlena: A Novel Selected by B New York Times’ New York Today: Our State Poet, Yusef Komunyakaa “>Yusef Komunyakaa Featured in the New York Times