#donate #non #working #car, #volunteers #of #america #– #donate #car #for #charity #in #washington #| #donate #car #to #charity #| #volunteers #of #america #western #washington #| #voa #in #wa #| #help #voa #| #donate #my #car #| #shelter #for #kids #| #help #homeless #children #| #locally #based #programs
Everything you need to know about how to donate car for charity in Washington – from free towing to getting your charity tax deduction.
1. What if I want to donate to charity but don’t have the title?
We need the title with every donation. However, if you’re in the process of finding the title, or getting a new one we’d be happy to tow it without the title, and you can mail us the title within 7 days or so.
2. How do I sign the title over to Volunteers of America?
It isn’t complicated. The only two lines we need completed are “Signature of Seller” and “Printed Name of Purchaser”. You are the seller, and you can print “Volunteers of America” as the purchaser.
3. Will my car be used by a low-income person?
In some states we offer our Cars Helping People program, where after people donate car for charity, they are inspected and prepared for purchase by low income people at a special discount. Unfortunately at this time Volunteers of America doesn’t offer a program like that in Washington.
4. Can I donate a car for charity that doesn’t run?
Yes you can. We are happy to accept donated vehicles whether they run or not. Even if your car doesn’t run, it will be towed free of charge – usually within 24 hours. When you contact us we usually call the same day to schedule your free pickup. Just fill out the simple form to the right.
5. I will be claiming a tax deduction for my donation – how large it will be?
The IRS allows you to claim a tax deduction of:
- The value of your vehicle up to $500. It is up to the donor to determine the fair market value.
- The amount we sell your vehicle for – if it is more than $500.
6. Will I be charged for towing, or any other expense?
No, the towing is absolutely free. Plus we also provide free tax receipts when you donate car for charity. Your charity tax receipts are mailed the very next day, in most cases.
7. Where in Washington do you pick up donated cars?
Almost anywhere. Whether you live in the city or the country, if our tow truck can get there, we’ll be there to pick up your car or truck.
8. When you take the car will you provide me with a receipt?
Yes, our towing partner can leave you a temporary receipt, which will show that they have picked up the vehicle for Volunteers of America.
9. Will the used car or truck I donate be sold as scrap?
It depends on the condition of the vehicle. If it runs, it is likely that we will sell it on our lot or in an auction. If it doesn’t run we may fix it up or sell it for scrap. No matter what the condition of your car donation, donations to Volunteers of America Western Washington help support vital local programs from Olympia to Edmonds, Seattle or Tacoma, Bellingham or Everett.
10. What should I do with my old license plate?
When donating a used truck, RV, or donate car for charity, take the license plates off and either keep them or return them to your local DMV or Secretary of State office.
11. Do you take donated boats in Washington?
Your donated boat can help people too. From sailboats to ski boats, yachts, cabin cruisers or fishing boats, the money we raise from your donated boat will help people in Washington get a new start on life.
12. Can I donate any other kind of vehicle in Washington?
Yes. Though most people support our local programs by donating a car, we will accept nearly any kind of vehicle. People have donated anything from boats and golf carts to an actual submarine. 100% of the money from your donation stays with Volunteers of America to support community-based programs for the homeless, children at risk, veterans and the disabled.
13. Who will pick up my vehicle?
No matter where you live in Western Washington, you can be certain we have a trusted towing partner near you. Our towing partners are bonded, insured and professionally licensed. From Olympia to Edmonds, Seattle or Tacoma, Bellingham or Everett, our courteous towing partners will be there to pick up your donated car or truck, usually within 24 hours. And it never costs you a cent.
14. How soon can I arrange my car donation pickup?
We usually provide your free car donation pickup within 24 hours. We’ll work with you to schedule a towing time that is convenient for you.
15. When the tow truck arrives, do I have to be at home?
No. As long as the truck or car you are donating is not blocked in. Your Volunteers of America representative will guide you through securely signing the title over to us, and placing it in the vehicle you’re donating for our towing partner.
16. What if my car doesn’t pass state inspection?
We can still tow it away.
17. There is an abandoned car in my area. Can I donate it?
18. A relative died and left me a car I don’t want. Can I donate it?
Yes. Our representative will explain the process
19. Do you accept property donations?
Yes we do. Please give us a toll free call at 877-721-4862.