#low auto insurance
Claims Center arrow expand
Retrieve Saved Quote Call 1-877-On Your Side (1-877-669-6877) Anytime
Find an Agent Find an Agent
Advanced Search Call 1-877-On Your Side
Finding the Lowest Auto Insurance Quote
Consider price along with these additional factors
It’s important to shop around when you’re looking at car insurance policies. While it may be tempting to simply go with the lowest auto insurance quote you find, there are other important things to consider. It’s smart to look at everything an insurer offers, such as discounts, options, benefits and claims services. Insurance is a major purchase – and making an apples-to-apples comparison can make a big difference over the long run.
1. Money-saving discounts and options to lower your car insurance quotes
As you search for the lowest car insurance quotes, make sure you’re aware of every discount available to you. For example, you might get a price break if you:
- Insure more than one vehicle
- Combine your home or life insurance with your auto policy
- Belong to certain member organizations or the Farm Bureau
- Maintain a B average or better in school
- Maintain an accident-free driving record
2. Helpful upgrades
Find out if your policy can be customized with different options to suit your budget and needs. These helpful, affordable options may include:
- Roadside Assistance. which provides you with peace of mind on the road
- Accident Forgiveness. which means Nationwide won’t raise your auto insurance rates following the first at-fault automobile accident
- Vanishing Deductible ®. which, with certain limitations, drops your deductible $100 for each year of safe driving
3. Outstanding claims and repairs
As you evaluate the lowest auto insurance quotes, see if the companies offer options such as Nationwide On Your Side ® Claims Service. This industry-leading benefit provides policyholders with a written guarantee on repairs, a choice of pre-screened car repair shops and access to Nationwide ® AutoWatch ®. a unique online service that sends you repair updates and even lets you view your car’s progress in the shop.
4. Enhanced customer service
As you think about the lowest auto insurance quotes, make sure the policies you compare include these important benefits:
- 24-hour customer service
- An 800 number with a real person at the other end
- Free On Your Side Reviews of your auto insurance
5. Positive reviews
Finally, find out how well each company is regarded by reading what their customers say. Nationwide ranks high in customer satisfaction, and we’re proud to have customers post their opinions online. Read the auto insurance reviews to get the full picture.
Insurance terms, definitions and explanations are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance contracts, policies or declaration pages, which control coverage determinations. Such terms may vary by state, and exclusions may apply. Discounts may not be applied to all policy coverages.