Basic No-Knead Bread Method
Four ingredients, ten minutes work, stellar artisan bread
Sourdough No-Knead Bread Method
Our original contribution to the no-knead revolution: No-knead bread baking for the sourdough lover
Traditional Whole Grain Sourdough
A traditional European style whole grain sourdough – delicious
Artisan Sourdough Rye
This is my favorite rye bread recipe of all time… so far.
Eric’s Easy Bake Series – Episode 1: Whole Grain Sourdough
As easy as sourdough no-knead baking is, a simple tweak or two to the basic recipe can make it even easier.
How to Make Bagels
The Breadtopia Vermont Sourdough Bagel authentically delicious
How to Make Baguettes
Not quite No-knead, but close! And delicious.
Make Your Own Sourdough Starter
A bread baker s power trip: make your own starter
Managing Your Sourdough Starter
More than you need to know to keep your starter happy
Reviving Dried Live Sourdough Starter
It’s easy to bring a dried starter back to life, or resuscitate a live one
Pie Crust Cookies
A great low sugar kid (and everyone else) treat
Small buttery, moist but chewy almond cake, often topped with fruit jam or dark chocolate squares
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
This video reveals the true secret of eternal happiness
Homemade Artisan Pizza
Quality pizza requiring minimal time and effort
Gluten Intolerance and Bread
What is gluten, and why does it cause so much trouble for so many people? And what role does bread play in this growing problem for an estimated 0.5-2.0% of all Americans and Europeans? [Read More ]
Breadtopia Visits The School of Artisan Food
Life got particularly good for us a few months ago when we paid a visit to The School of Artisan Food in Nottinghamshire England. Nestled in Sherwood Forest (yes, that one) we found a bit of artisan food heaven. [Read More ]
British Bread Adventures
Denyce and I celebrated 20 years of nuptial bliss with a trip to England. As with many of our travels, this one is also morphing into something of a bread themed adventure. Amazing how that happens.
- Rustic Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce I decided it was time to develop a recipe for bread pudding that works with the crusty artisan bread I make, as well as a recipe for homemade caramel sauce that tempts people to lick their plates. Enjoy!
- Einkorn Amaranth Porridge Sourdough Bread Amaranth porridge sourdough bread tastes amazing and has a cool waxiness, that makes it ideal to pair with olive oil and tomatoes.
- Sprouted Wheat Berry Sourdough Loaf with Maple Beer Perfect alongside stew or chili, for sandwiches or with eggs for breakfast, this sprouted wheat berry maple beer sourdough loaf is delicious and versatile.
- Gluten Free Fermented Buckwheat Bread This fermented buckwheat bread is astonishing in its simplicity and its tasty, complex flavors. It makes for a great pre-workout breakfast or snack as it’s packed with nutrients yet it feels light on the digestive system compared to a granola bar.
- Durum Herb Cheese Sourdough Bread Durum wheat, garlic, herbs and provolone cheese make this sourdough bread a delicious accompaniment to a Mediterranean dinner, or the perfect bread to have with tomatoes and cured meats like sopressata, prosciutto, or salami.
- Whole Emmer Sourdough Bread With its deep red-brown color and fairly closed crumb, you wouldn’t expect this Whole Emmer Sourdough Bread to taste nutty-sweet, with no bitterness, and to feel soft and smooth in your mouth. This emmer bread is absolutely delicious, and it’s easy to make.
- Savory Stuffing Sourdough Recipe Life is too short to not enjoy your favorite dish more often so I created a sourdough bread that combines the essential flavors of my family’s Thanksgiving stuffing with the health benefits of sourdough and the convenience of a loaf of bread.